You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My playback is laggy

I have been using Final Cut Pro X forever and never had this problem. I have imported files from a GoPro and a Sony Alpha. I can scrub over the video and see it with no problems in the timeline. I can play the footage in the import window before it enters the timeline. However, as soon as I click play on the timeline it starts to lag. and the playback becomes no longer smooth. I have turned off background render but the problem is still happening. Can anyone help?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 12.5

Posted on Feb 8, 2023 10:43 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

Feb 10, 2023 11:59 AM in response to Will134

Hi Will134,

There are a few steps you can take in order to troubleshooting Final Cut Pro.

1. Restart your Mac, restarting can help reset Final cut related system process.
  2. Disconnect any external devices
  3. Check for any updates for Final Cut Pro in the App Store

These steps are included in the article that you came to us from, which would be the best possible steps to help resolve this behavior: Resolve an issue in Final Cut Pro - Apple Support.

If the same behavior occurs, reach out to Apple directly for additional troubleshooting assistance using: Official Apple Support

Have a good one!

My playback is laggy

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.