You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad swipe function not working

I have a new IPad and all a sudden the swipe function isn’t working. If I force a restart, swipe to close will not work. Also will not allow to swipe to close the app from the bottom I was on previously.

iPad Pro, iPadOS 16

Posted on Feb 8, 2023 11:57 AM

1 reply

Feb 10, 2023 1:34 PM in response to ILOVETHECOWBOYS

Hey ILOVETHECOWBOYS,

We understand that you're having issues with swipe gestures on your iPad Pro. We'd like to help!

If you haven't already, we recommend following the troubleshooting steps provided by Apple: If the screen isn't working on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

1. "Restart your iPad.
  2. Make sure that your screen is clean and free of any debris or water.
  3. Disconnect any Lightning or USB-C accessories. If your screen works after removing an accessory, try using a different outlet, cable, or charger.
  4. Remove any cases or screen protectors."

If your screen isn't working after those steps, reach out to Apple Support directly for a closer look: Contact - Official Apple Support

Take care.

iPad swipe function not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.