You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

buying used iphone

if i buy a old used iphone 7 from local market so then how i check this iphone properly on apple website help me

iPhone 7 Plus

Posted on Feb 8, 2023 8:09 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 8, 2023 8:42 PM

shahzar81 Said:

"buying used iphone: if i buy a old used iphone 7 from local market so then how i check this iphone properly on apple website help me"

-------

About Purchasing a Device of the Internet:

I'd say be a bit cautious of this. Many people report on these forums that they were scammed, being that the seller never logged out on iCloud on the device they were sold. To avoid this, you might want to consider purchasing this directly from Apple, and none other.

Notes On being Aware of Scams:

I. Prior to Purchasing:

Have Seller be Logged Out of iCloud:

Have the seller perform as instructed here, including the iCloud logout: What to do Before you Sell, Give Away, or Trade in your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support. If they do not log out of iCloud on it, then it will be useless to you, being it is still stuck to their Apple Account. If the seller declines to perform this, then do not proceed with the purchase.

Once Received:

II. Verify if this is a Genuine Device:

To confirm that that iPhone is genuine, here is how to do so:

Get the Serial Number: Find the Serial Number or IMEI on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

1. Enter the Serial Number here: Check Your Service and Support Coverage - Apple Support
  2. View the Results: If all shows up as an iPhone, then you have a genuine iPhone. If not, then it is fake, and that is likely why you are getting the issue.

III. If a case of fraud:

Report this: Report this to the site, seeing if the seller can be held accountable.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 8, 2023 8:42 PM in response to shahzar81

shahzar81 Said:

"buying used iphone: if i buy a old used iphone 7 from local market so then how i check this iphone properly on apple website help me"

-------

About Purchasing a Device of the Internet:

I'd say be a bit cautious of this. Many people report on these forums that they were scammed, being that the seller never logged out on iCloud on the device they were sold. To avoid this, you might want to consider purchasing this directly from Apple, and none other.

Notes On being Aware of Scams:

I. Prior to Purchasing:

Have Seller be Logged Out of iCloud:

Have the seller perform as instructed here, including the iCloud logout: What to do Before you Sell, Give Away, or Trade in your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support. If they do not log out of iCloud on it, then it will be useless to you, being it is still stuck to their Apple Account. If the seller declines to perform this, then do not proceed with the purchase.

Once Received:

II. Verify if this is a Genuine Device:

To confirm that that iPhone is genuine, here is how to do so:

Get the Serial Number: Find the Serial Number or IMEI on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

1. Enter the Serial Number here: Check Your Service and Support Coverage - Apple Support
  2. View the Results: If all shows up as an iPhone, then you have a genuine iPhone. If not, then it is fake, and that is likely why you are getting the issue.

III. If a case of fraud:

Report this: Report this to the site, seeing if the seller can be held accountable.

buying used iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.