You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hulu audio issues

I have no sound on my Hulu app. I have deleted and reinstall the app still the same it just happened two days ago. Is there any solution out there?

iPad Pro, iPadOS 15

Posted on Feb 8, 2023 9:48 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 16, 2023 11:26 PM

Justin, you are a genius! Thank you so much your work around worked when I had no other recourse! I do wanna see you shouldn’t have to go through this. You pay the money to have Hulu and they need to get on top of their game. They take the money but they’re not giving what we’re paying for really. Thanks again real talk 😜😜😜😜

13 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 16, 2023 11:26 PM in response to justin.gengo

Justin, you are a genius! Thank you so much your work around worked when I had no other recourse! I do wanna see you shouldn’t have to go through this. You pay the money to have Hulu and they need to get on top of their game. They take the money but they’re not giving what we’re paying for really. Thanks again real talk 😜😜😜😜

Feb 13, 2023 11:51 AM in response to justin.gengo

I've been experimenting and, after closing the Hulu app, after successfully watching a show and then opening it and selecting another, once again I had no sound. This also worked to get sound on the iPad working again:

Connected a pair of bluetooth headphones. Sound was not working via the headphones either. Rather than switch sound output or disconnecting the headphones via the iPad I powered the headphones off.

Similar to powering off the TV - the show on the iPad paused (as expected) and when I then hit the play button I had sound again.

Feb 13, 2023 10:04 AM in response to Pasnipe

I also have this issue and may have found a workaround.

I have a Samsung TV with Airplay streaming built in. When I connect to the TV and play from Hulu I have sound.

When I switch back to the iPad - no sound again.

BUT: I found that if I stream to the TV and then turn the TV off via the TV remote, Hulu switches back to the iPad, paused, and when I then hit play on the iPad - I have sound again!

Hulu audio issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.