You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Spyware check

Hi

i have doubt as it someone has installed some spyware on my iPhone. How can I check or get rid of this issue?

Thanks

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Feb 8, 2023 11:49 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 11, 2023 11:47 AM

Hello Texpert1,

If someone else was using your phone, and you're concerned they installed something on it, look through your installed applications. Go to Settings > General > iPhone Storage, and scroll down through the list of installed applications. If you see any that you do not recognize, remove them.

If you think they know your Apple ID password or may have changed it while they were using your phone, it's also a good idea for you to change the password to make sure the account is secure.

Change your Apple ID password

To prevent unauthorized access of your device, you can set up Face ID or a passcode on it as an extra layer of security.

Use a passcode with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

It's also a good idea to check the Find My app to make sure whoever was using your device didn't share the location with another device. In the Find My app, select the People tab at the bottom and see if the device is currently sharing location with anybody.

Find people and share your location with Find My

Cheers!

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 11, 2023 11:47 AM in response to Texpert1

Hello Texpert1,

If someone else was using your phone, and you're concerned they installed something on it, look through your installed applications. Go to Settings > General > iPhone Storage, and scroll down through the list of installed applications. If you see any that you do not recognize, remove them.

If you think they know your Apple ID password or may have changed it while they were using your phone, it's also a good idea for you to change the password to make sure the account is secure.

Change your Apple ID password

To prevent unauthorized access of your device, you can set up Face ID or a passcode on it as an extra layer of security.

Use a passcode with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

It's also a good idea to check the Find My app to make sure whoever was using your device didn't share the location with another device. In the Find My app, select the People tab at the bottom and see if the device is currently sharing location with anybody.

Find people and share your location with Find My

Cheers!

Spyware check

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.