You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apple id

how do i change my phone number if i cant get the 2 factor authorization code because i have a new phone number but same device

Posted on Feb 9, 2023 1:17 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 9, 2023 1:32 PM

Do you have any other trusted devices? They should show it.

From: Get a verification code and sign in with two-factor authentication - Apple Support

A code is sent first to your trusted devices automatically:

"If you have a trusted device running iOS 9 and later, OS X El Capitan and later, iPadOS 13 and later, or watchOS 6 and later, the verification code is displayed automatically on your trusted devices."

"If you can’t receive a verification code on your trusted devices automatically, you can get one from Settings, even if your device is offline."

On a mobile device go to Settings > [your name] > Tap Password & Security > Get Verification Code.

On a Mac: Go to Apple menu  > System Preferences [System Settings], then click Apple ID. Click Password & Security > Get Verification Code.

If you find you can’t sign in, reset your password, or receive verification codes, you can request account recovery ( How to use account recovery when you can’t reset your Apple ID password - Apple Support ) to regain access to your account. Account recovery might take a few days or longer, depending on the specific account information you can provide to verify your identity.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 9, 2023 1:32 PM in response to Apple4summer

Do you have any other trusted devices? They should show it.

From: Get a verification code and sign in with two-factor authentication - Apple Support

A code is sent first to your trusted devices automatically:

"If you have a trusted device running iOS 9 and later, OS X El Capitan and later, iPadOS 13 and later, or watchOS 6 and later, the verification code is displayed automatically on your trusted devices."

"If you can’t receive a verification code on your trusted devices automatically, you can get one from Settings, even if your device is offline."

On a mobile device go to Settings > [your name] > Tap Password & Security > Get Verification Code.

On a Mac: Go to Apple menu  > System Preferences [System Settings], then click Apple ID. Click Password & Security > Get Verification Code.

If you find you can’t sign in, reset your password, or receive verification codes, you can request account recovery ( How to use account recovery when you can’t reset your Apple ID password - Apple Support ) to regain access to your account. Account recovery might take a few days or longer, depending on the specific account information you can provide to verify your identity.

apple id

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.