You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

BACK UP SAVE AND TRANSFER PHOTOS + VIDEOS Assistance

What flash drive (+ size) would APPLE suggest to put my 6100 photos on and 20 music videos to SAVE AND POSSIBLY TRANSFER FROM MY 2012 MAC BOOK PRO over to my "NEW" MacBk air w M2 Silicon chip- And is there a HOW TO VIDEO that you might suggest I view on 'HOW TO PERFORM THESE TASKS"?

T.Y.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Feb 9, 2023 5:34 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 9, 2023 10:38 PM

Hi,

As for back up data, you can use Time Machine or if you want to back up only photos and movies, you can use external HDD/SSD to transfer pictures and movie from MacBook Air to external HDD/SSD.

As for transfer the data, you can use Target Disk Mode or Migration Assistant to connect between two Macs.

Transfer files between a Mac with Apple silicon and another Mac - Apple Support

Move content to a new Mac - Apple Support

Transfer files between two Mac computers using target disk mode - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 9, 2023 10:38 PM in response to caninemiss

Hi,

As for back up data, you can use Time Machine or if you want to back up only photos and movies, you can use external HDD/SSD to transfer pictures and movie from MacBook Air to external HDD/SSD.

As for transfer the data, you can use Target Disk Mode or Migration Assistant to connect between two Macs.

Transfer files between a Mac with Apple silicon and another Mac - Apple Support

Move content to a new Mac - Apple Support

Transfer files between two Mac computers using target disk mode - Apple Support

BACK UP SAVE AND TRANSFER PHOTOS + VIDEOS Assistance

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.