You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why do I receive the incorrect location to get my code number for my two step verification

When I log into my apple account I do my ID then password and for me to get my numbers for the two step code I have to say I am ok with the location but what do I do if the location is from out of state and I am nowhere near that place. I need to get to get into my account to check if there was a purchase made to my acct. I don't see it on my phone that I did the purchase.

Posted on Feb 9, 2023 7:41 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 9, 2023 8:03 PM

Phinley Grace 1211 Said:

"why do I receive the incorrect location to get my code number for my two step verification: [...]I have to say I am ok with the location but what do I do if the location is from out of state and I am nowhere near that place.[...]"

-------

Locations and Two-Factor Authentication:

The location is based on the IP Address. If you have just set this up, then it may take some time for the location to sync.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 9, 2023 8:03 PM in response to Phinley Grace 1211

Phinley Grace 1211 Said:

"why do I receive the incorrect location to get my code number for my two step verification: [...]I have to say I am ok with the location but what do I do if the location is from out of state and I am nowhere near that place.[...]"

-------

Locations and Two-Factor Authentication:

The location is based on the IP Address. If you have just set this up, then it may take some time for the location to sync.

why do I receive the incorrect location to get my code number for my two step verification

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.