You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Compressed images?

My son just sent me a wallpaper he found online and I received it blurry but on his end it’s perfectly clear. He sent me the link and I saved it just fine and so I sent the one I saved to him and same thing he received it blurry. We tried sending pictures we actually took ourselves and those arrive just fine. Seems to just be with images we save from online or screenshots. Both of our “low quality image mode” are turned off. We tried both on wifi and off of it just with cellular data and it made no difference. How can we keep them from compressing? The pictures we took ourselves show up as 1.4mb and arrive the same size yet for example the wallpaper we tried sending back and forth is being sent at 4.2mb but arrives at 229kb.

Both are identical iPhone 14 pro Max’s

iPhone 14 Pro Max

Posted on Feb 9, 2023 8:03 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 9, 2023 10:16 PM

If your son has an Android then the images are sent through MMS and may get compressed and iPhone has nothing to do with MMS messaging services.

Else, either you or your son may not have iMessage activated or is deactivated.

If he has an iPhone ask him to send an iMessage using his Apple ID to your Apple ID not through phone numbers.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 9, 2023 10:16 PM in response to slvrcvc

If your son has an Android then the images are sent through MMS and may get compressed and iPhone has nothing to do with MMS messaging services.

Else, either you or your son may not have iMessage activated or is deactivated.

If he has an iPhone ask him to send an iMessage using his Apple ID to your Apple ID not through phone numbers.

Compressed images?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.