You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does iPad Pro 11inch 4th generation work with Bluetooth Magic Keyboard

I want to buy bluetoo Th magic keyboard for using my MacBook Pro and iPad Pro 11" 4th generation. But when I look at Magic Keyboard compability list I didn't see iPad Pro 4th - generation' I see 3th generation how can I use some keyboard for my iPad and MacBook

iPad Pro, iPadOS 16

Posted on Feb 11, 2023 8:13 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 11, 2023 10:51 AM

The web page may not be fully up to date. Be assured, if it’s compatible with the fifth generation iPad Pro 12.9”, it’s compatible with the otherwise equivalent fourth generation iPad Pro 11” - and all other models of iPad Pro.

8 replies

Feb 11, 2023 10:46 AM in response to LotusPilot

Thank you very much for info, actually I wanted to ask why Magic Keyboard doesn't seem to compatible with iPad Pro 11" 4th while it is compatible with iPad Pro 11" 3th generation. you can see at link. Magic Keyboard - US English - Apple

And for using them together I found Universal Control Universal Control: Use a single keyboard and mouse between Mac and iPad - Apple Support

Feb 11, 2023 8:39 AM in response to esra157

Yes, the Bluetooth Magic Keyboard for Mac can be used with any model of iPad - however, the keyboard can only be paired with one device at a time. Unlike some third-party Bluetooth keyboards, the Bluetooth Keyboard for Mac doesn’t support pairing to multiple devices.

If already paired with your Mac, you will need to use the pairing process with the iPad before you’ll be able to use the keyboard. Similarly, once paired with the iPad, you’ll need to re-pair with the Mac before being able to use the keyboard again with the Mac.

Third-party Bluetooth Keyboards that support pairing with multiple devices can be simply and instantly switched between devices by pressing a single key on the associated keyboard.

Does iPad Pro 11inch 4th generation work with Bluetooth Magic Keyboard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.