You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces powerful new iPad mini built for Apple Intelligence. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Contacts not syncing between ipad and macbook pro

I added some new contacts on my iPad and set up a list. Neither the new contacts or the list appear on my MacBook Pro contacts. I have tried syncing by connecting them by cable and also gone onto the iCloud. In the end I have had to put them all in in my contacts on the MacBook again and make the list again. The new list I made on the MacBook does not appear on my phone or iPad. I have turned everything off and everything on again. What is going on? I would welcome some help on this.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 13.1

Posted on Feb 11, 2023 8:33 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 11, 2023 9:14 AM

Ensure that you have enabled iCloud Contacts on both your iPad and Mac - as described in the iCloud User Guide:

Set up iCloud for Contacts on all your devices - Apple Support

For iPad:

Settings > [Your Name / AppleID] > iCloud > [Apps Using iCloud] Show All > Contacts - set to ON

2 replies

Contacts not syncing between ipad and macbook pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.