You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Duplicate Songs created in iCloud

Is there a fix for this issue? I am not an Apple subscriber, nor iTunes Match. All music purchased in iTunes is duplicated with a copy in iCloud. How can I end this madness? I could delete duplicates to clean the clutter, either iCloud or local copies, but not certain which will assure not losing access to my music. Also understand that the iCloud versions may be of lesser quality. Have not validated this one ... yet.

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Feb 11, 2023 9:38 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 12, 2023 9:23 AM

See Duplicate songs in iTunes - Apple Community. Usually it is sufficient to sign out of your Apple ID then sign in again.

tt2

4 replies

Feb 13, 2023 10:38 AM in response to ThinAir1

You can close iTunes and make a backup copy of the .itl file if you like. Your locally stored copies of your purchases and meant to take precedence over and suppress the listings of the versions in the cloud. Signing out of your ID and signing in again should match things up again, if not at worst you be in the same position you were before you tried as you don't have any downloaded Apple Music content to worry about.

tt2

Duplicate Songs created in iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.