You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Printer problems

I cannot detect my Hp envy 6020e printer via air print, the only other way is using the Hp smart app which is next to useless because it keeps on installing a printer for sending faxes! Is there any other way to get the to printer to print without the app? My Mac is Monterey 13, my iPad and iPhone is iOS 16.3.

iPad mini 5 Wi-Fi

Posted on Feb 11, 2023 2:15 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 11, 2023 3:20 PM

Hi,

The latest (February 08, 2023, en-us edition) About AirPrint - Apple Support only lists the HP ENVY 6020 All-In-One Printer (no e), whereas the HP ENVY 6020e All-In-One Printer appeared in the July 01, 2022 edition. This may or may not be important, since the e models possibly could be linked to some kind of extra ink-related service (maybe requiring HP Smart and an always active Internet connection).

Assuming that HP Smart is only needed for some initial setup purposes, you may want to check whether a normal AirPrint connection without this app would work. The general condition would be that the printer and the iPad are connected to the same network (Wi-Fi router).

Use AirPrint to print from your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

If necessary, try a full power-cycle sequence (including the router): Power off the router, the printer, the iPad, and all other connected devices/computers. Wait two to three minutes, Power on the router. Wait two to three minutes. Power on the printer. Wait a minute or two. Power on the iPad and all other devices/computers.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 11, 2023 3:20 PM in response to Jon-se11

Hi,

The latest (February 08, 2023, en-us edition) About AirPrint - Apple Support only lists the HP ENVY 6020 All-In-One Printer (no e), whereas the HP ENVY 6020e All-In-One Printer appeared in the July 01, 2022 edition. This may or may not be important, since the e models possibly could be linked to some kind of extra ink-related service (maybe requiring HP Smart and an always active Internet connection).

Assuming that HP Smart is only needed for some initial setup purposes, you may want to check whether a normal AirPrint connection without this app would work. The general condition would be that the printer and the iPad are connected to the same network (Wi-Fi router).

Use AirPrint to print from your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

If necessary, try a full power-cycle sequence (including the router): Power off the router, the printer, the iPad, and all other connected devices/computers. Wait two to three minutes, Power on the router. Wait two to three minutes. Power on the printer. Wait a minute or two. Power on the iPad and all other devices/computers.

Printer problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.