You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

WiFi-calling is not available with a dual-SIM phone while roaming

I have a European e-SIM in my iPhone 13 Pro Max as the primary SIM-card. While travelling I always buy a local physical SIM-card to avoid the expensive roaming charges. Both the SIM-cards work well expect for the WiFi-calling.

Whenever I connect to any WiFi network, I am not able to make the phone use the WiFi-call in my primary e-SIM card. The primary e-SIM always disconnects from the WiFi-call feature within seconds after connecting to any WiFi network. I can see the WiFi text briefly appear after the name of my primary e-SIM name in the top left of the display.

The only way to make or receive WiFi calls abroad via my primary e-SIM card in a WiFi network is to put the phone in airplane mode.

I would really appreciate to know whether there is any other solution to make the WiFi calls work abroad via the primary e-SIM card in a dual-SIM setup?

iPhone 13 Pro Max

Posted on Feb 12, 2023 9:11 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 13, 2023 4:43 AM

WiFi Call is a Carrier Specific feature. Contact your Carrier (Cellular Service Provider), the agency that issued the SIM / eSIM to you. --> Make a call with Wi-Fi Calling - Apple Support (IN)

Similar questions

1 reply

WiFi-calling is not available with a dual-SIM phone while roaming

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.