You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do i sort search results alphabetically by song/artist/album?

Just got a new macbook pro and migrated my itunes library to the Music app.

When i'm searching for a something say 'klez' *example below* in the search bar, i can't find a way to view my search results as songs view, i can only click to view all songs in a grid view which i then can't sort a-z by song name or artist name. As you can see they don't seem to be ordered in any way and it basically makes searching pretty useless, especially as i have a very large library of music, there are pages and pages of results seemingly randomly ordered with no way to sort the search results since i cant look at them in song view.

Help!

MacBook Pro Apple Silicon 2023

Posted on Feb 12, 2023 9:11 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 12, 2023 9:40 AM

If you are searching within your own library, do not use the search bar and subject yourself to all that junk. Instead, use View > Show Filter Field, and use the new bar that appears at the upper right.

Results will be sorted as in the view you are searching.

Similar questions

3 replies

How do i sort search results alphabetically by song/artist/album?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.