You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro 2020 sometimes won't wake up from sleep

Dear Community!

My 13-inch M1 MacBook Pro 2020 sometimes won't wake up from sleep.

I usually don't turn the MacBook off, just close the lid. 8 times out of 10 there is no problem with waking up, but every now and then the screen just stays black after opening the lid. When this happens, it won't react to any button, or touchpad. I need to press and hold the power button for several seconds to force shutdown, and then turn it on again.

Today it happened again. (Now I tried to reset SMC (Control+Option+Right Shift), after forcing shutdown. After I pressed the 3 buttons, it turned on after a few seconds.)

I had no problem on Big Sur, I think it started to do this in Monterey, I'm not sure. I'm now on Ventura 13.2, and I have this problem, that's for sure...

Here is the last crash report I got:

Anyone experiencing the same issue? Thank you for your answers!

Have a nice day!

Zsolt

MacBook Pro 13″

Posted on Feb 13, 2023 1:40 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

MacBook Pro 2020 sometimes won't wake up from sleep

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.