You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AppleTV disconnecting from iPhone and iPad while using airplay, even with purchased downloaded content. (Will work with HDMI to lightning adapter cable)

Hello, I believe I am either behind a firewall blocking my app content, or Apple is blocking content from being shown via airplay from a phone or iPad to an AppleTV. The content can be downloaded and purchased, and will still get erroneous error messages about “airplay not compatible” or “this version is not supported by airplay”, but using an Apple HDMI to lightning adapter cable will work with the same content. (Recently they’ve made me start to download a “special” version for the adapter cable after I’ve already purchased and downloaded the content and it has worked previously.

I use the same network and A/V equipment/TVs etc with an Amazon FireTV stick without a problem.

Devices: iPhone 12 Pro Max (updated)

Apple Tv: A1842 (32GB) with tvOS 16.2 (20K362)

iPhone 12 Pro Max

Posted on Feb 14, 2023 6:34 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 15, 2023 12:35 AM

What type of content are you trying to stream? From which app? Content providers may have content that isn’t AirPlay compatible, or may even choose to block AirPlay.

Also review: If screen mirroring or streaming isn't working on your AirPlay-compatible device - Apple Support

1 reply

AppleTV disconnecting from iPhone and iPad while using airplay, even with purchased downloaded content. (Will work with HDMI to lightning adapter cable)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.