You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My MacBook screen is not transitioning to my larger desk screen.

I just bought a MacBook Air. It replaces my 2017 MacBook. When I hook the HDMI into it, I am getting a sort of "partial" transition. For instance my mouse does not transition to the other screen. Suggestions?

Posted on Feb 15, 2023 6:36 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 16, 2023 12:29 AM

Hi there!

Is your MacBook not displaying an image on the external display, or is the only issue with the mouse cursor?

If the former, I recommend you see these Apple Support articles:

If the mouse cursor isn't moving to the external display, make sure the external display you're using is set to the proper side of your MacBook: Use one or more external displays with your Mac - Apple Support.

Jack

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 16, 2023 12:29 AM in response to teknofanatik

Hi there!

Is your MacBook not displaying an image on the external display, or is the only issue with the mouse cursor?

If the former, I recommend you see these Apple Support articles:

If the mouse cursor isn't moving to the external display, make sure the external display you're using is set to the proper side of your MacBook: Use one or more external displays with your Mac - Apple Support.

Jack

My MacBook screen is not transitioning to my larger desk screen.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.