You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Add Link options greyed out - Number's "Add Link' option is disabled

This topic from 2017 is still unresolved:

Add Link options greyed out - Apple Community

And I'm experiencing the same issue in 2023. I was able to use this feature without any problem.

I'm opening a new document, adding some information in any cell in the blank table, and this is what I get:

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Feb 16, 2023 1:11 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 16, 2023 2:30 PM

Hi Nosolomusica,

just do a double click in the cell with your text, it should work as soon as the text is highlighted.

Regards Ralf

4 replies

Feb 17, 2023 5:02 PM in response to Nosolomusica

The answer SGIII gave in the thread from 2017 is the same answer as Ralf-F provided. The person who posted the question in 2017 never posted back after SGIII posted the correct answer so I assume it worked for them. You need to select some text in the cell before adding a link. The link is connected to text in the cell, not to the cell itself. In your original post your screenshot shows that you have selected the cell, not the text in the cell. Select some text in the cell before trying to add a link.

Add Link options greyed out - Number's "Add Link' option is disabled

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.