You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Dell S3221QS monitor issues with M2 Mac Mini

Hi,

When I connect this monitor with my Mac Mini (Ventura), whether via HDMI or Display Port, the monitor defaults to input colour format of YPrPr and everything works fine. But if I try to change this to RGB, the whole screen gets tinged Green! I have tried this with the monitors Dell S3221QS Colour Profile, Adobe RGB (1998) as well as sRFB IEC61966-2.1 profile, same result. Any help will be appreciated.

Regards.

Ashok

Posted on Feb 16, 2023 9:20 PM

Similar questions

6 replies

Feb 18, 2023 4:59 PM in response to ashokfromauckland

Hi Ashok,

Thanks for contacting Apple Support Communities!

It sounds like when you connect your Dell monitor to your Mac mini and change the color profile to RGB, the Dell monitor displays in green, correct?

To start, check out this resource to help you to determine if the Dell monitor is support by your Mac: If your external display is dark or low resolution - Apple Support

"Find out what your Mac supports

Your display will be dark if it exceeds the maximum number of displays that your Mac can use at the same time. This limit varies by Mac model.

Your display will be dark or use a lower resolution or refresh rate if you configure it to exceed the maximum resolution or refresh rate that your Mac can use. These limits vary by Mac model, and by the resolution and refresh rate of other connected displays.

To find out how many displays you can connect, and at which resolutions and refresh rates, check the specifications for your Mac model:

If so, we'd suggest that you reach out to Dell to investigate this further with you. They'd be best suited to help you with your monitor. You can find their contact details here: DELL Technologies Support

Take care!

Feb 21, 2023 7:11 PM in response to hcsitas

Thanks, I think I accidentally solved the issue. MY monitor had a setting called Preset Mode which defaults to 'Standard'. If that is changed to 'Color Space' AND Smart HDR turned to 'Desktop', the Input Color Format automatically changed to RGB! Can see any issues including in some 4k videos, but will test some more and report here if it doesn't work.

Thanks for all your help.

Dell S3221QS monitor issues with M2 Mac Mini

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.