You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using Adobe instead of textEdit In ventura

I switched to Ventura last night. Now when I'm trying to open some pdfs the files open in Text Edit and I don't want that. Then I went into Get Info and changed the default from TextEdit to Adobe Acrobat but I keep getting a message that it is an "unidentified developer". How do I get back to Adobe to open pdfs

Mac mini

Posted on Feb 17, 2023 7:47 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 17, 2023 8:16 AM

Select one of the PDF files and bring up its Info pane (Control (right) - click on it and select Show Info from the contextual menu).

Go down to the Open With section and see what app is listed. If it's not what you want click on the menu and select the app you want to open all PDFs with. Then click on the Apply to All button.

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 17, 2023 8:16 AM in response to RWHunter03

Select one of the PDF files and bring up its Info pane (Control (right) - click on it and select Show Info from the contextual menu).

Go down to the Open With section and see what app is listed. If it's not what you want click on the menu and select the app you want to open all PDFs with. Then click on the Apply to All button.

Feb 17, 2023 9:41 AM in response to RWHunter03

Check on Finder>Settings if "Show all filename extensions" has the checkmark. If not, then switch it. Now you should see the extensions for all the files in your Mac.

Check if your PDF files have their proper extension i.e. filename.pdf - if not, you only have to rename them, just adding ".pdf" at the end of the file name.

Using Adobe instead of textEdit In ventura

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.