You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

search engine

No matter which browser I use, safari, chrome, firefox, the automatic search engine is yahoo which I be believe is a possible virus. It looks like for roughly 2 seconds it generates a google search and then automatically switches to yahoo, I went into my preference settings and set each browser to google and turned off "include search engine suggestions". I do not know what is causing this.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Feb 17, 2023 10:09 AM

3 replies

Feb 17, 2023 10:15 AM in response to eugenia252

So you are being redirected to yahoo search engine each time? First thing i would do is clear your browser history and website data....

On chrome: click 3 dots next to profile picture > history > clear history

On safari: click history within the menu bar > clear history... also on safari > safari menu next to apple log > preferences/settings > privacy > manage website data > give it time to load > remove all

Also download and run malwarebytes to check for any malware

search engine

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.