You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Messenger App won't load after update

Right before the most recents updates, my messenger app would kick me out on every device I have (iPhone, iPad, and Mac) for only my account. It would only happen with my FB account. I could log into other accounts and it would work but as soon as I logged into mine, it would kick me out. After the updates, my iPhone and iPad worked fine but my MacBook Pro will not even full load the app. This is what it looks like when I try to open Messenger on my laptop.

Any ideas on how to fix this? Thank you!

MacBook Pro

Posted on Feb 17, 2023 2:36 PM

1 reply

Feb 19, 2023 2:28 PM in response to samazz09

Hello samazz09,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. 

We understand that you are not able to use the Messenger app as expected. We are happy to help.

These steps may help. Please try these steps: If an app freezes or quits unexpectedly on Mac - Apple Support

• "If an app doesn’t quit as expected, or it’s unresponsive, you can force quit the app (you may lose unsaved changes). Choose Apple menu  > Force Quit, select the app in the dialog that appears, then click Force Quit.
  • If the app quit, reopen it by clicking Reopen in the dialog that appears.
  • Restart your Mac by choosing Apple menu > Restart.
  • Make sure the app is compatible with your version of macOS.
  • Open another file in the app. There may be a problem with the original file.
  • Check for updates to your software.
  • Disconnect any peripheral devices you just connected (for example, a printer). They may not be compatible with your version of macOS.
  • Uninstall any app plug-ins or enhancements from other manufacturers.
  • If you recently updated the app or macOS, a plug-in or enhancement you installed may no longer be compatible.
  • Diagnose problems with your Mac to learn whether hardware you installed, such as additional memory, is incompatible, improperly installed, or defective."

If you still are not able to use the Messenger app as expected, we recommend using the steps here to contact the developer of the app: How to contact an app developer - Apple Support

"Contact the developer of an iOS, iPadOS, or watchOS app

1. Open the App Store on your iPhone or iPad.
  2. Search for the app, then tap it. If you can't find it, tap the account button  or your photo at the top of the screen, tap Purchased, tap "Not on this [device]," then tap the app.
  3. The app's product page appears. Scroll to the Ratings & Reviews section, then tap App Support. If you don't see App Support, make sure that you're signed in with the correct Apple ID."

Let us know if you have further questions.

Take care.

Messenger App won't load after update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.