You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to upgrade my mid 2012 MacBook Pro to Big Sur?

I have a Mac Pro 13 in mid 1012. I have to upgrade my software to Big Sur to download 2022 Turbo Tax. How can i do this?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Feb 18, 2023 2:04 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 18, 2023 2:14 PM

Hi 2012 MacBooks can't upgrade to macOS Big Sur but can upgrade to macOS Cantila.

To do this search for "MacOS in the Mac app store" on your browser. If you open the link on the apple website, it will redirect you onto the App Store where you can download it. Please rate my answer. Thank you. I hope that helps you.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 18, 2023 2:14 PM in response to marielou113

Hi 2012 MacBooks can't upgrade to macOS Big Sur but can upgrade to macOS Cantila.

To do this search for "MacOS in the Mac app store" on your browser. If you open the link on the apple website, it will redirect you onto the App Store where you can download it. Please rate my answer. Thank you. I hope that helps you.

How to upgrade my mid 2012 MacBook Pro to Big Sur?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.