You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Error while trying to synchronize Audio and MIDI on new M2 Mac mini/Ventura 13.1.2

New M2 Mac mini (set up on Feb 17)

macOS Ventura 13.2.1 (22D68)

GarageBand 10.4.5

I receive the following error whenever I open and play any audio file, including ones created using GarageBand on iOS or in iMovie on this Mac, and even the using audio selected from the Loop Library.

“Error while trying to synchronize Audio and MIDI.

Sample Rate 48,000 recognized.

Check conflict between GarageBand and external device.”

This is basically happening when any audio file is played, no matter the source. I've quit one relaunched GarageBand, restarted the Mac, tried different settings for the mic in Audio MIDI Setup, etc., but the issue persists. Does anyone have any idea why this is happening.

Posted on Feb 19, 2023 12:37 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 19, 2023 2:53 PM

Well, don't I feel silly.

I found a resolution. The issue was the monitor speakers. The Dynex HD TV I was outputting to only supports 48 kHz audio. Outputting to the Mac mini speakers or Logitech headset made the error disappear. Also, outputting from the 3.5 mm headset jack to external speakers works fine also.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 19, 2023 2:53 PM in response to ml5661

Well, don't I feel silly.

I found a resolution. The issue was the monitor speakers. The Dynex HD TV I was outputting to only supports 48 kHz audio. Outputting to the Mac mini speakers or Logitech headset made the error disappear. Also, outputting from the 3.5 mm headset jack to external speakers works fine also.

Error while trying to synchronize Audio and MIDI on new M2 Mac mini/Ventura 13.1.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.