You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 16 camera crashes

Since updating my 13 pro to iOS 16 my camera app crashes and won’t take pictures. Multiple other apps are slow and unstable. Restarting corrects it for 12-24 hours but it returns. I wiped the phone and it still didn’t fix it. Are others experiencing this and are there are suggestions? Apple doesn’t seem to be fixing this with updates. Very frustrating.

iPhone 13 Pro

Posted on Feb 19, 2023 6:29 PM

4 replies

Feb 19, 2023 6:40 PM in response to drise64

drise64 Said:

"iOS 16 camera crashes: Since updating my 13 pro to iOS 16 my camera app crashes and won’t take pictures [...]Are others experiencing this and are there are suggestions? Apple doesn’t seem to be fixing this with updates. Very frustrating."

-------

No. I am not having this issue.

Seems to be a glitch in the iOS.

So, Report this to Apple:

Do your Part: Inform Apple of what is gong on here. They'll never make a fix, if they know nothing of this. So, report it to them. Apple won't get back to you directly, but the more they hear of this, the more they'll know what to fix. So, provide your feedback.

1. Go Here: Feedback - iPhone - Apple
  2. Select: "Bug Report" for the "Feature Type"
  3. Comment: that is all occurred after installing an update. Include the URL of this thread.
  4. Proceed from there as Necessary

Feb 24, 2023 9:19 AM in response to drise64

I updated to iOS 16 as my wife and daughter told me how great it was. Well, it ruined my 13 pro camera. It will work and a few hours later, it crashes. It is not just using the camera app but any other app using the camera too. I finally got Apple to replace the phone after 6x calling/visiting the Apple Store. The new phone was set up from iCloud and worked fine for 2 weeks until it started crashing again. Then I reset my phone to factory new with software on my MacBook and set up from new and manually. Issue is still bad and crashes every day and I have to restart my phone for it to work again. I restart my phone with the volume up, volume down and Siri button several times a day. So irritating!

iOS 16 camera crashes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.