You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Has my iPhone 12 been compromised?

Maybe my device is hacked

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 12 Pro Max

Posted on Feb 19, 2023 10:47 PM

2 replies

Feb 21, 2023 1:28 PM in response to Ali79ASd

Hello Ali79ASd,

Keeping your device up to date is one most important ways to maintain the security of your iPhone 12 Pro Max. If you haven't already, follow the steps in Update your iPhone or iPad to back up and update your device to the latest version of iOS.

"Update your iPhone or iPad wirelessly

1. Back up your device using iCloud or your computer.
  2. Plug your device into power and connect to the internet with Wi-Fi.
  3. Go to Settings > General, then tap Software Update.
  4. If you see more than one software update option available, choose the one that you want to install.
  5. Tap Install Now. If you see Download and Install instead, tap it to download the update, enter your passcode, then tap Install Now. If you don't know your passcode, learn what to do."

If your concern is around the Apple ID being used on the device, If you think your Apple ID has been compromised has some suggestions to help you secure your account, and protect it in the future.

Lockdown Mode may be an option if you have extreme concerns and can help protect your iPhone from rare and highly sophisticated cyber attacks. About Lockdown Mode covers more information about the feature, how it will impact your device, along with how to set it up.

If you have additional questions, we'll need to get a better understanding of what indication you're seeing that the device may be compromised.

Regards.

Feb 21, 2023 1:52 PM in response to Ali79ASd

Ali79ASd wrote:

Maybe my device is hacked

Probably not. What makes you think it might have been? Most symptoms that people think are the result of "hacking" are actually something much less nefarious (though not necessarily cheap to fix). If you describe exactly what you're seeing that is causing you concern, people can give you some advice on what is actually going on and what you might need to do.

Has my iPhone 12 been compromised?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.