You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transferring an iTunes credit to an App Store credit

does anyone know if it's possible to transfer an iTunes credit to an App Store credit? I want to buy an App but it's not available on iTunes only AppStore... I received a voucher which when I redeemed automatically credited my iTunes account

Posted on Feb 19, 2023 11:40 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 20, 2023 12:55 AM

if it's possible to transfer an iTunes credit to an App Store credit?

What do you mean?

An iTunes credit and an App Store credit are the same, in the sense that both are in your Apple Account balance.

See -> Check your Apple Account balance -> Check your Apple Account balance – Apple Support (UK)

I received a voucher which when I redeemed automatically credited my iTunes account

By that voucher you mean an Apple Gift Card or App Store & iTunes gift card?

Yes, if you already use your Apple Account balance, the Apple Gift Card or App Store & iTunes gift card is automatically added to your Apple Account balance.

See also -> What you can buy with your Apple Gift Card or Apple Account balance

What you can buy with your Apple Gift Card or Apple Account balance – Apple Support (UK)

• Find out what you can buy with your Apple Gift Card or Apple Account balance.

Check also ⤵️

Apple Gift Card and Apple Account balance can't be used for some purchases

• You can't use your Apple Account balance to send gifts or gift cards.
  • If you use Family Sharing, your family members can't spend your Apple Account balance. Funds that you add to your Apple Account balance are only available to you. Find out more about how purchases are billed to your Apple Account balance.

Learn more

Some stores and apps might not be available in your country or region. Find out what's available in your country or region.

Get more help and assistant from Apple directly, see Contact Apple for support and service -> Contact Apple for support and service – Apple Support (UK) 

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 20, 2023 12:55 AM in response to iTunes_vs_AppStore

if it's possible to transfer an iTunes credit to an App Store credit?

What do you mean?

An iTunes credit and an App Store credit are the same, in the sense that both are in your Apple Account balance.

See -> Check your Apple Account balance -> Check your Apple Account balance – Apple Support (UK)

I received a voucher which when I redeemed automatically credited my iTunes account

By that voucher you mean an Apple Gift Card or App Store & iTunes gift card?

Yes, if you already use your Apple Account balance, the Apple Gift Card or App Store & iTunes gift card is automatically added to your Apple Account balance.

See also -> What you can buy with your Apple Gift Card or Apple Account balance

What you can buy with your Apple Gift Card or Apple Account balance – Apple Support (UK)

• Find out what you can buy with your Apple Gift Card or Apple Account balance.

Check also ⤵️

Apple Gift Card and Apple Account balance can't be used for some purchases

• You can't use your Apple Account balance to send gifts or gift cards.
  • If you use Family Sharing, your family members can't spend your Apple Account balance. Funds that you add to your Apple Account balance are only available to you. Find out more about how purchases are billed to your Apple Account balance.

Learn more

Some stores and apps might not be available in your country or region. Find out what's available in your country or region.

Get more help and assistant from Apple directly, see Contact Apple for support and service -> Contact Apple for support and service – Apple Support (UK) 

Transferring an iTunes credit to an App Store credit

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.