You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I Change the background on a picture?

Can I change the background of a iOS 16 picture? I lifted it out of the original very busy background but can’t figure out how to paste it onto a plain blue background.

It’s a very nice picture of my spouse’s head and I want to make it look nice.

Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Feb 20, 2023 3:21 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 20, 2023 3:38 PM

Great idea, however, what you are aiming for is not possible on the iPhone with the use of the Photos app. There may be apps in the App Store that could help you accomplish what you are looking to do. Perform a Google search on the internet for recommended apps for this purpose.

I was in your predicament once and used a Mac and a third party app called Pixelmator Pro. I had lifted the subject from a photo and then pasted it to a background of my choice.

Axel F.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 20, 2023 3:38 PM in response to lacorrigan

Great idea, however, what you are aiming for is not possible on the iPhone with the use of the Photos app. There may be apps in the App Store that could help you accomplish what you are looking to do. Perform a Google search on the internet for recommended apps for this purpose.

I was in your predicament once and used a Mac and a third party app called Pixelmator Pro. I had lifted the subject from a photo and then pasted it to a background of my choice.

Axel F.

Mar 3, 2023 6:56 AM in response to lacorrigan

I had the same problem with a portrait photo of a black dog. When “cut” in iOS 16 the image has a stark white background - if using this as a wall paper the text in the title bar remains white and can not be read!

As has been suggested there are many apps out there that will solve the issue but although “free” have limited functionality often with poor resolution and are geared up for in app purchases! Using the inbuilt iOS features I have arrived at a workaround using the in built iOS features - a bit cumbersome but works for a one off.

Cut and copy the image.

Open Pages and make a coloured “paper” to paste the image onto thus:

Select a blank document.

Select “shape” - fourth tool from left in title bar and select eg the square and resize as suitable.

now select the “brush” tool - third from right.

Select “Fill” -> colour -> choose required background (paper) colour from the pallet.

Paste cut image onto this with necessary adjustments!

Will not save to Photos from Pages so do a Screen Shot!

GOOD TO GO!

How can I Change the background on a picture?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.