You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unlocked iPhone from USA in Latin America

I’m thinking in upgrade my iPhone but I wanna know if I buy an unlocked iPhone here I would be able to use it in Peru

iPhone 14 Plus

Posted on Feb 22, 2023 2:36 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 22, 2023 2:42 PM

You should absolutely not purchase an iPhone anyplace outside the country where it will be used. A few reasons:

• iPhones sold in the U.S. are eSIM only. They cannot use a SIM card.
  • iPhones may have different models around the world to accommodate different cellular frequencies used in different countries.
  • iPhones can generally not be serviced or warranted outside the country of purchase. (The EU is treated as a one country.)
1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 22, 2023 2:42 PM in response to fiorella262

You should absolutely not purchase an iPhone anyplace outside the country where it will be used. A few reasons:

• iPhones sold in the U.S. are eSIM only. They cannot use a SIM card.
  • iPhones may have different models around the world to accommodate different cellular frequencies used in different countries.
  • iPhones can generally not be serviced or warranted outside the country of purchase. (The EU is treated as a one country.)

Unlocked iPhone from USA in Latin America

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.