You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keyboard layout keeps changing and can't delete one?

I have factory reset my MacBook pro m1 2020, because i'm coding a lot on my laptop I have made a custom keyboard layout, that I have use previously. Now I added my custom keyboard layout to my keyboard inputs. When I use apps in windowed mode I can use the layout, but when I open programs in fullscreen it changes my layout and I can't change it. And the layout that I don't want to use, can't be delete. Tried to click on the - icon, but it doesn't do any thing.

Is there any other ways to delete a layout, so I can just have one, or a way to just use one layout.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 13.1

Posted on Feb 24, 2023 5:37 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 24, 2023 7:18 AM

I don't think you can have a custom layout as your only one. But you should always be able to change your layout in full screen mode via Control Space (assuming you check the box for this in system settings > keyboard > shortcuts).

3 replies

Keyboard layout keeps changing and can't delete one?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.