You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I need help. I'm trying to sign up for Apple TV for my television and I can't do it.

I need help. I'm trying to sign up for Apple TV for my television and I can't do it.

Posted on Feb 24, 2023 8:31 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 24, 2023 8:54 AM

What is your model TV? Is it listed as officially supporting the Apple TV app? List of Apple TV app-supported smart TVs and third party streaming devices - Apple

Are you able to get the Apple TV app on your TV? Get the Apple TV app or Apple TV+ app on your smart TV or streaming device - Apple Support

You will need an Apple ID account to link the subscription to. That Apple ID account should have all the user information as asked, including name, county, DoB, a validated email address (respond to test message), and a valid payment method. Subscriptions require a payment method that support automatic and periodical charges.

If you have Apple devices, then you probably already have an Apple ID account. Else you can create a new account. The Apple TV app should guide you through that process, or else you can set it up on the web first.

How to create a new Apple ID - Apple Support

↳ Create your Apple ID on another device

Get Apple TV+ - Apple Support

Not all devices that can have the Apple TV app will support starting subscriptions at this time. In that case start your subscription on another supported device, then continue enjoying the subscription on the intended device.

On third party devices with the Apple TV app, users should sign in to the Apple TV app, through the in-app Settings (sprockets wheel icon), using the a ready Apple ID account to which the subscription is linked or will be linked.

Apple TV app user guide for smart TVs and third party streaming devices - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 24, 2023 8:54 AM in response to rona285

What is your model TV? Is it listed as officially supporting the Apple TV app? List of Apple TV app-supported smart TVs and third party streaming devices - Apple

Are you able to get the Apple TV app on your TV? Get the Apple TV app or Apple TV+ app on your smart TV or streaming device - Apple Support

You will need an Apple ID account to link the subscription to. That Apple ID account should have all the user information as asked, including name, county, DoB, a validated email address (respond to test message), and a valid payment method. Subscriptions require a payment method that support automatic and periodical charges.

If you have Apple devices, then you probably already have an Apple ID account. Else you can create a new account. The Apple TV app should guide you through that process, or else you can set it up on the web first.

How to create a new Apple ID - Apple Support

↳ Create your Apple ID on another device

Get Apple TV+ - Apple Support

Not all devices that can have the Apple TV app will support starting subscriptions at this time. In that case start your subscription on another supported device, then continue enjoying the subscription on the intended device.

On third party devices with the Apple TV app, users should sign in to the Apple TV app, through the in-app Settings (sprockets wheel icon), using the a ready Apple ID account to which the subscription is linked or will be linked.

Apple TV app user guide for smart TVs and third party streaming devices - Apple Support

Feb 24, 2023 8:44 AM in response to rona285

Hello,

Why not? What happens when you try?

Do you get an error? If so, what does it say?

Are you using an Apple TV box, or just the App on your actual television set?

If using an Apple TV box, which model? click here ➜ Identify your Apple TV model - Apple Support

Provide as much detail as possible about the issue, and someone may be able to advise.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.