You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I'm a subscriber to Apple Music. But I have an issue: all of my playlists in Music are listed in the Music app on my iPad except one. I've tried manually syncing the iPad to the iMac while the two are connected via a Lightning-to-USB-C cord.

How can I get all of my Music playlists from my iMac to my iPad?

iMac 24″, macOS 13.2

Posted on Feb 24, 2023 10:00 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 24, 2023 12:38 PM

If you make a new empty list and then drag in one of the songs does the new list show on your iPad? Assuming it does try dragging in the others. What happens? Some sort of error, or are all 88 songs now listed in the iPad?

tt2

6 replies

Feb 24, 2023 10:46 AM in response to danielfrombolingbrook

See If songs are missing from your music library after you turn on Sync Library - Apple Support. If you enable Sync Library so you can use the cloud to sync then you cannot sync over USB. The most likely explanation for the missing playlist is that it contains one or more tracks that are excluded from iCloud Music Library (e.g. duplicates, purchases from another Apple ID, etc.) and the list itself is excluded from iCloud Music Library. Remove the problem tracks and it the list will either update automatically, or you can right-click on the name in the sidebar and add it from there.

tt2

Feb 24, 2023 12:30 PM in response to turingtest2

tt2:

I think what I find odd is that each and every song on the list was purchased directly from Apple Music, not just downloaded. There are 88 songs on that playlist, which appears all the time on my iMac, but never has on my iPad, and it's the only playlist that hasn't shown up on the iPad. I purchase songs only while I'm on the iMac.

I'm a subscriber to Apple Music. But I have an issue: all of my playlists in Music are listed in the Music app on my iPad except one. I've tried manually syncing the iPad to the iMac while the two are connected via a Lightning-to-USB-C cord.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.