You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is there no "Ungroup Accessories" button in my Home app

In my Home app, I have grouped two lights successfully. Now I want to ungroup them, as per this article, https://www.trustedreviews.com/how-to/how-to-group-lights-in-homekit-4175104, there should be a "Ungroup Accessories" option:

But in my group setting, I do not see the such option:

Can anyone please let me know how to ungroup the lights now?

iPhone 12 mini, iOS 16

Posted on Feb 25, 2023 5:56 AM

7 replies

Feb 27, 2023 10:47 AM in response to zhq527725

Hello zhq527725,

Please take a look at this support article that explains more about using your iPhone as a home hub to control and modify your accessories and groups: Set up your HomePod, HomePod mini, Apple TV, or iPad as a home hub - Apple Support.

Follow the steps in this troubleshooting section, then check if your options are available for customizing your lighting groups:

We hope this helps. Let us know if we can assist with anything else at all. Take care.

Feb 27, 2023 4:20 PM in response to zhq527725

zhq527725,

Thank you. The article you have first referenced is an outdate reference to how to ungroup accessories in the Home app. If you'd like to ungroup accessories, tap "Accessories" from your screenshot and then select "Edit" in the upper-right. Then, you'll be able to unselect an accessory.

Control accessories with Home on iPhone - Apple Support

We hope that helps.

Take care.

Feb 27, 2023 5:19 PM in response to Matthew_J5

Thanks Matthew_J5.

I have already tried it before, but once I unselect the two lights in the "Edit Group", the "Done" button will be disabled. So I have to select as least two accessories, otherwise I can only click the "Cancel" button.

Actually, what I want is not editing the group, I want to remove the group since I do not need it anymore. I think that should be a normal operation, right? It would be weird that I can create a group but cannot remove it ...

Feb 27, 2023 4:01 PM in response to Gena_D

Thanks Gena_D.

I see that support article is for setting up home hub, I already a HomePod mini in each of my rooms as home hub and they work well now, so I do not think setting up home hub can resolve the issue that I reported, I do not see the connections between them.

And for the troubleshooting steps, I confirmed I have already done them.

Why is there no "Ungroup Accessories" button in my Home app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.