You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can restore my iphone but unable to update my phone and then I will restart it it unable restart

I can restore my iphone but I didn't update it and then before update I can restore it and then it unable to activate how can I activate my iphone

iPhone 7

Posted on Feb 25, 2023 6:55 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 25, 2023 7:48 AM

It normally gives a reason for not activating but reading between the lines it sounds like you have no cellular bars at the top of the screen? Maybe No Service?

The 'update' it may be talking about is a cellular update. Normally done before resetting the phone.

So

With the iphone still turned ON, slide out the SIM tray, then replace it. Do it again. Then restart the iphone. With any luck it will update the carrier settings.

Aternatively borrow another SIM to activate the phone then swap SIMs. You will have to reset the iMessage and Face Time settings.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 25, 2023 7:48 AM in response to huzaifa57

It normally gives a reason for not activating but reading between the lines it sounds like you have no cellular bars at the top of the screen? Maybe No Service?

The 'update' it may be talking about is a cellular update. Normally done before resetting the phone.

So

With the iphone still turned ON, slide out the SIM tray, then replace it. Do it again. Then restart the iphone. With any luck it will update the carrier settings.

Aternatively borrow another SIM to activate the phone then swap SIMs. You will have to reset the iMessage and Face Time settings.

I can restore my iphone but unable to update my phone and then I will restart it it unable restart

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.