You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Small dot and square that show up on my documents with pages

I am new to Pages and am wondering how to get rid of ( or why they pop up) when I am inserting my logo image into a document - a small black dot that appears underneath the logo that I have uploaded and I also need to know how to get rid of the little square box with the plus sign in it that pops up for some reason - Please advise

Posted on Feb 25, 2023 6:24 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 25, 2023 6:33 PM

A Pages Text box that has too much content for its current size will show an overflow [+] symbol on its bottom frame. You can resolve the overflow condition by any combination of enlarging the box, reducing its content, decreasing the font size, or establishing a link to another Text box so the text flows there.

If the small black dot that you refer to is as shown below, it is because you selected Image Gallery from the Media tool whether [un]intentional or not instead of the Photos… choice, or just simply drag and drop an image onto Pages.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 25, 2023 6:33 PM in response to Heetson

A Pages Text box that has too much content for its current size will show an overflow [+] symbol on its bottom frame. You can resolve the overflow condition by any combination of enlarging the box, reducing its content, decreasing the font size, or establishing a link to another Text box so the text flows there.

If the small black dot that you refer to is as shown below, it is because you selected Image Gallery from the Media tool whether [un]intentional or not instead of the Photos… choice, or just simply drag and drop an image onto Pages.

Small dot and square that show up on my documents with pages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.