You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have two iPads I would like to give one to my wife how to erase one iPad without erasing both of them so I can give her one?

I would like to totally erase one ipad, I have two I bought at the same time, I would like to give one to my wife, but not erase information on my other iPad. Can anyone help with this?

iPad, iOS 11

Posted on Feb 26, 2023 9:00 AM

4 replies

Feb 26, 2023 10:40 AM in response to KiltedTim

These instructions don't work for me. I got to the recovery mode (iTunes logo and cable) on my iPad but nothing happened after that. I am trying to do this through my windows 7 computer. I was on chat yesterday for 2-1/2 hours and still was not able to complete my goal.

I am trying to wipe my old iPad (SE 1) to give to a co-worker. I cannot get into my old iPad as I have a new iPad and used the same passcode for the new one. (I didn't know I should have set up a new passcode for my new iPad. Who knew???) So I have been trying to accomplish this through my windows 7 computer hooked up to my old iPad. Any help?

I have two iPads I would like to give one to my wife how to erase one iPad without erasing both of them so I can give her one?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.