You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Double clicks when I just want single click

So I just moved over to a new Mac Studio with Ventura 13.2.1. I'm getting double-click behavior *sometimes* when all I want is a single click. I have slowed the double click speed down to its slowest setting (slider at leftmost) in settings->accessibility->pointer control, and I have the same issue whether I'm using an Apple Magic Mouse or a Kensington wired trackball (so I know it's not the device). Super annoying; I'll click on a file to get some info about it and it starts to open, or I'll single click on some parameter to modify and it'll act like I double clicked it.

Any thoughts about what else I can try?

TIA!

rich

Mac Studio, macOS 13.2

Posted on Mar 1, 2023 3:50 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 2, 2023 1:51 AM

You should move the slider the *other* way! To the left means a slow double click is accepted, to the right means you need to be quick or the second click is taken as a separate click, not double-click.

Similar questions

9 replies

Mar 2, 2023 10:25 AM in response to Luis Sequeira1

You should move the slider the *other* way! To the left means a slow
double click is accepted, to the right means you need to be quick or the
second click is taken as a separate click, not double-click.

Hahaha! Yes, I feel appropriately stupid now! I swear I tried both ways, but I guess not. Somehow that seems completely the opposite of what it should be to me, but of course you're right. Thanks so much for reading and responding!

Double clicks when I just want single click

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.