You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sound alerts far too quiet

I have the iPhone 13 Pro Max and seem to have the problem lots of people are talking about…

the alert sounds like text or msn mail sent mail and even close phone are all barely audible.

if we follow the instructions to just use the slider in the sounds the ringtone goes really load which is fine and that’s with the button for using the side vol control switched off.

but however the alert sounds do not go up to anything like the volume that they did on my earlier phones…

I’ve tried numerous fixes from forums turning stuff on and off but it all boils down to 1 volume control that turns up the ring tone but barely if at all increases the alerts.

please sort this out.

Posted on Mar 2, 2023 6:26 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 2, 2023 6:39 AM

Volume of Ringtones/Notification tones can be controlled from:

SettingsSound & Haptics

Adjust Ringtone And Alert Volume to desired volume and disable Change with Buttons.

If Change with Button is activated, you will change the volume with the Volume Buttons. You don't want this, because then you can suddenly experience a very high volume, or very low.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 2, 2023 6:39 AM in response to Peter Angrave

Volume of Ringtones/Notification tones can be controlled from:

SettingsSound & Haptics

Adjust Ringtone And Alert Volume to desired volume and disable Change with Buttons.

If Change with Button is activated, you will change the volume with the Volume Buttons. You don't want this, because then you can suddenly experience a very high volume, or very low.

Sound alerts far too quiet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.