You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can’t I find my deleted text messages?

Why can’t I find my deleted text messages I have downloaded with the latest updates

Posted on Mar 3, 2023 6:46 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 3, 2023 6:52 AM

Which iPhone do you have? And what is its iOS version? You should be able to retrieve messages deleted in the last 30 to 40 days, using the steps described in this link:

Recover deleted text messages on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

However, you need iOS 16, iPadOS 16.1, or later to recover deleted messages and conversations. You can only recover messages and conversations that you deleted within the last 30 to 40 days. If you delete a message before you update to iOS 16, iPadOS 16, or later, you can't recover that message.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 3, 2023 6:52 AM in response to GG187

Which iPhone do you have? And what is its iOS version? You should be able to retrieve messages deleted in the last 30 to 40 days, using the steps described in this link:

Recover deleted text messages on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

However, you need iOS 16, iPadOS 16.1, or later to recover deleted messages and conversations. You can only recover messages and conversations that you deleted within the last 30 to 40 days. If you delete a message before you update to iOS 16, iPadOS 16, or later, you can't recover that message.

Why can’t I find my deleted text messages?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.