You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Factory reset my old phone

I let my niece use my old phone and she finally gave it back to me and I can’t get into it the passcode got changed because she let her ex use it and when I got it back it says my passcode is wrong and I want to reset it but I don’t have a laptop to factory reset it so how can I reset it with a laptop

iPhone 7, iOS 14

Posted on Mar 4, 2023 7:55 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 4, 2023 8:00 PM

Lexikeener Said:

"Factory reset my old phone: I let my niece use my old phone and she finally gave it back to me and I can’t get into it the passcode got changed because she let her ex use it and when I got it back it says my passcode is wrong and I want to reset it but I don’t have a laptop to factory reset it so how can I reset it with a laptop"

-------

Restoring Passcode from a Laptop:

You can use a Desktop to perform this --not just a Laptop. And, you can use a PC to perform this --not just a Mac. See here:  If you Forgot the Passcode on your iPhone, or your iPhone is Disabled - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 4, 2023 8:00 PM in response to Lexikeener

Lexikeener Said:

"Factory reset my old phone: I let my niece use my old phone and she finally gave it back to me and I can’t get into it the passcode got changed because she let her ex use it and when I got it back it says my passcode is wrong and I want to reset it but I don’t have a laptop to factory reset it so how can I reset it with a laptop"

-------

Restoring Passcode from a Laptop:

You can use a Desktop to perform this --not just a Laptop. And, you can use a PC to perform this --not just a Mac. See here:  If you Forgot the Passcode on your iPhone, or your iPhone is Disabled - Apple Support

Factory reset my old phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.