You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Separate Apple IDs on Apple One Family Plan

I am thinking of getting my family on Apple one since my brother and I both use Apple Music and I watch Apple TV from time to time. So my question is, if this is set up, how do separate IDs work for things like a music library and Apple TV library? I don’t want my brother and I to have each other’s music show up on our devices and I don’t want everyone to be forced to be on my account for something like Apple TV. Basically, I wanted to confirm that all family sharing does with apple one is provides the Apple Music and Apple TV subscriptions to everyone I am sharing with, and not the content we are listening/watching.

Posted on Mar 6, 2023 7:41 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 6, 2023 7:49 AM

Each person's account basically remains separate, it's just one person paying for it. The only way it might show what you are listening to or watching is if you end up buying the items instead of just using the streaming version. In that case if another person wants to download it they will find they can do so for free. The way to prevent this is to hide purchases.

Hide purchases from the App Store - Apple Support

Hide and unhide music, movies, TV shows, audiobooks, and books - Apple Support

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 6, 2023 7:49 AM in response to Nwalt58

Each person's account basically remains separate, it's just one person paying for it. The only way it might show what you are listening to or watching is if you end up buying the items instead of just using the streaming version. In that case if another person wants to download it they will find they can do so for free. The way to prevent this is to hide purchases.

Hide purchases from the App Store - Apple Support

Hide and unhide music, movies, TV shows, audiobooks, and books - Apple Support

Separate Apple IDs on Apple One Family Plan

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.