You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ventura double tap magic mouse zoom Quick Look

Since I updated to Ventura, double tapping in a pic in Quick Look doesn't zoom in as it's been since 2007.

I'm not finding any about this so maybe is something just happens to me, I've updated macOS to the latest, boot up in safe mode, restore OS from the recovery partition... nothing fixes it ☹️

Mac Studio (2022)

Posted on Mar 8, 2023 12:30 AM

8 replies

Mar 8, 2023 1:43 AM in response to guguii

Yes, the user is right.

Perhaps there are insights in the following Apple Document on using Quick Look

link below

View and edit files with Quick Look on Mac - Apple Support (CA)

Excerpt from above link

• Zoom in and out of an item: Press Command-Plus (+) to make the image bigger or Command-Minus (–) to make it smaller.

Regarding the Double Tap in Magic Mouse to Enlarge Web Sites and such.

That functionality does exist in System Setting >> Mouse and refer to Screen Shot below

Mar 8, 2023 4:26 AM in response to PRP_53

One small observation: I have "tap to click" turned OFF. Otherwise, I'd expect that double-tapping would equal a double-click.

Also, I have to qualify my previous comment: I do see zoom with double tapping on a pdf, but not on images or plain text files. It just so happened that a pdf was the one I had tried. So it is not working for arbitrary files.

Ventura double tap magic mouse zoom Quick Look

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.