You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple ID Remove from phone

Hey,

How do I remove an old Apple ID from my device, if I don’t know the password? People keep telling me to go to settings, then iTunes and App Store, but I can’t find that set up with 2 iPhones in my possession. Could someone please help? Thanks

iPhone SE (2nd generation)

Posted on Mar 9, 2023 11:33 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 9, 2023 12:29 PM

Jayb2316 wrote:
People keep telling me to go to settings, then iTunes and App Store, but I can’t find that set up with 2 iPhones in my possession. Could someone please help? Thanks

That location was removed with newer iOS versions few years ago.

Wether you can actually remove the Apple ID without a password, will depend on where you want to remove it from.

There are 4 locations on an iPhone that you can log in with an Apple ID.

Settings ➜ Account (top go Settings) ➜ (Scroll Down) Sign Out (you will need the password for this one, if Find My is turned on).

Settings ➜ Account ➜ Media & Purchases ➜ Sign Out (This is what the old iTunes & App Store location is now)

Settings ➜ Messages ➜ Send & Receive ➜ Apple ID ➜ Sign Out

Settings ➜ FaceTime ➜ Apple ID (below Caller ID) ➜ Sign Out.

If Find My is turned on, you will need to reset the password for the Apple ID before you can Sign Out from the Account location.

Click here ➜ If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 9, 2023 12:29 PM in response to Jayb2316

Jayb2316 wrote:
People keep telling me to go to settings, then iTunes and App Store, but I can’t find that set up with 2 iPhones in my possession. Could someone please help? Thanks

That location was removed with newer iOS versions few years ago.

Wether you can actually remove the Apple ID without a password, will depend on where you want to remove it from.

There are 4 locations on an iPhone that you can log in with an Apple ID.

Settings ➜ Account (top go Settings) ➜ (Scroll Down) Sign Out (you will need the password for this one, if Find My is turned on).

Settings ➜ Account ➜ Media & Purchases ➜ Sign Out (This is what the old iTunes & App Store location is now)

Settings ➜ Messages ➜ Send & Receive ➜ Apple ID ➜ Sign Out

Settings ➜ FaceTime ➜ Apple ID (below Caller ID) ➜ Sign Out.

If Find My is turned on, you will need to reset the password for the Apple ID before you can Sign Out from the Account location.

Click here ➜ If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support

Apple ID Remove from phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.