You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can't associate new device to my Apple account since I already have 10 devices

I just bought a new iPhone and turns out I can't associate the device to my Apple account since I already have 10 devices. There are 2 devices no longer in use, and in which I signed out already but still they don't show as "Removable". This is a serious (and useless) limitation that is preventing me to do things like download music in my new iPhone and I need to wait 28 days?

Is there any workaround please?

iPhone 14 Pro

Posted on Mar 11, 2023 3:11 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 11, 2023 6:12 AM

See the support article: View and remove your devices that are associated with Apple ID purchases - Apple Support - What this is saying is for certain actions such as turning on Match, Apple Music, Family Sharing, automatic downloads, or re-downloading of past purchases there is a 90 day waiting period between associating [using] a computer or mobile device with a new Apple ID . There is no wait for making new purchases.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 11, 2023 6:12 AM in response to yonblanco

See the support article: View and remove your devices that are associated with Apple ID purchases - Apple Support - What this is saying is for certain actions such as turning on Match, Apple Music, Family Sharing, automatic downloads, or re-downloading of past purchases there is a 90 day waiting period between associating [using] a computer or mobile device with a new Apple ID . There is no wait for making new purchases.

can't associate new device to my Apple account since I already have 10 devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.