You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I transfer files from a Zip drive to my iPad?

How can I transfer files from my Zip drive to my iPad?

iPad, iPadOS 16

Posted on Mar 11, 2023 8:52 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 11, 2023 9:03 AM

Presumably you refer to an Iomega Zip Drive? If so, these are very old (long obsolete) technology. As these drives require installation of device-driver software, they are not supported by iPadOS.

To transfer data/files from an Iomega Zip drive of any type to your iPad, you will need to connect the Zip drive to a compatible Windows PC - and first transfer the data to USB storage (such as a USB Thumb Drive, flash drive, or similar) - or transfer to cloud storage (e.g., iCloud) where it can be accessed by your iPad.

To synchronise or transfer files directly between iPad and a Windows PC, you will need to install the most recent version of iTunes for Windows:

Download and use iTunes for Windows – Apple Support

Update to the latest version of iTunes – Apple Support

If you simply wish to exchange files and photos with the iPad from the Windows PC, you might instead consider using iCloud for Windows. When signed-in with the same AppleID, you can simply use iCloud to exchange or synchronise files:

iCloud for Windows

Download iCloud for Windows – Apple Support

Set up and use iCloud for Windows – Apple Support

You can install and use both on the PC. They will happily coexist - and provide considerable flexibility in how you move/share/transfer photos and other documents and data between iPad, iPhone and your PC.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 11, 2023 9:03 AM in response to banjogirl53

Presumably you refer to an Iomega Zip Drive? If so, these are very old (long obsolete) technology. As these drives require installation of device-driver software, they are not supported by iPadOS.

To transfer data/files from an Iomega Zip drive of any type to your iPad, you will need to connect the Zip drive to a compatible Windows PC - and first transfer the data to USB storage (such as a USB Thumb Drive, flash drive, or similar) - or transfer to cloud storage (e.g., iCloud) where it can be accessed by your iPad.

To synchronise or transfer files directly between iPad and a Windows PC, you will need to install the most recent version of iTunes for Windows:

Download and use iTunes for Windows – Apple Support

Update to the latest version of iTunes – Apple Support

If you simply wish to exchange files and photos with the iPad from the Windows PC, you might instead consider using iCloud for Windows. When signed-in with the same AppleID, you can simply use iCloud to exchange or synchronise files:

iCloud for Windows

Download iCloud for Windows – Apple Support

Set up and use iCloud for Windows – Apple Support

You can install and use both on the PC. They will happily coexist - and provide considerable flexibility in how you move/share/transfer photos and other documents and data between iPad, iPhone and your PC.

How can I transfer files from a Zip drive to my iPad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.