You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I forgot my Notes password and Face ID isn't working to unlock it

hello, I don't know what notes password I set and I can't change it, how to unlock it?

Because when I locked it, only face ID was needed, now it doesn't work

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Mar 11, 2023 9:15 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 11, 2023 9:17 AM

Hey there,

To unlock a note, you need to enter the password that it's locked with. If you forgot your notes password, Apple can't help you regain access to your locked notes. You can create a new notes password or use your device passcode instead, but this won’t give you access to your old notes. If you set a new notes password or switch to your device passcode, you can protect any notes that you create going forward with the new password.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 11, 2023 9:17 AM in response to brige114

Hey there,

To unlock a note, you need to enter the password that it's locked with. If you forgot your notes password, Apple can't help you regain access to your locked notes. You can create a new notes password or use your device passcode instead, but this won’t give you access to your old notes. If you set a new notes password or switch to your device passcode, you can protect any notes that you create going forward with the new password.

I forgot my Notes password and Face ID isn't working to unlock it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.