You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to troubleshoot Wi-Fi connectivity issues on MacBook Pro (M2 Max, 2023) with macOS Ventura installed?

I'm having trouble connecting to Wi-Fi on my MacBook Pro (M2 Max, 2023) with macOS Ventura installed. Whenever I try to connect, it either won't connect at all or will connect but then drop the connection frequently. I've tried restarting my computer, resetting my network settings, and forgetting and re-adding the network, but nothing seems to be working. Can anyone suggest any troubleshooting steps or solutions for this issue? Thanks in advance!

MacBook Pro (M2 Max, 2023)

Posted on Mar 11, 2023 5:27 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 11, 2023 5:29 PM

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble connecting to Wi-Fi on your MacBook Pro. Here are some troubleshooting steps you can try:

1. Check your Wi-Fi signal strength: If your signal is weak, it can cause connection problems. Try moving closer to your router or access point.
  2. Restart your router: Sometimes, routers can get stuck in a loop or become overloaded. Try unplugging your router, waiting a few seconds, and then plugging it back in.
  3. Update your Wi-Fi driver: Make sure you have the latest Wi-Fi driver for your MacBook Pro. To do this, go to the Apple menu > System Preferences > Software Update.
  4. Reset your Wi-Fi settings: Go to the Apple menu > System Preferences > Network > Wi-Fi. Click the Advanced button, then click the "Renew DHCP Lease" button. You can also try deleting the Wi-Fi network and re-adding it.
  5. Create a new network location: Go to the Apple menu > System Preferences > Network. Click the Location dropdown and select Edit Locations. Click the "+" button to create a new location. Give it a name and click Done. Now try connecting to Wi-Fi again.
  6. Try a different Wi-Fi network: If possible, try connecting to a different Wi-Fi network to see if the issue is specific to your home network.
  7. Contact Apple Support: If none of these steps work, it may be time to contact Apple Support for further assistance.

I hope one of these steps helps you connect to Wi-Fi on your MacBook Pro. Good luck!

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 11, 2023 5:29 PM in response to Ravihaninwal

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble connecting to Wi-Fi on your MacBook Pro. Here are some troubleshooting steps you can try:

1. Check your Wi-Fi signal strength: If your signal is weak, it can cause connection problems. Try moving closer to your router or access point.
  2. Restart your router: Sometimes, routers can get stuck in a loop or become overloaded. Try unplugging your router, waiting a few seconds, and then plugging it back in.
  3. Update your Wi-Fi driver: Make sure you have the latest Wi-Fi driver for your MacBook Pro. To do this, go to the Apple menu > System Preferences > Software Update.
  4. Reset your Wi-Fi settings: Go to the Apple menu > System Preferences > Network > Wi-Fi. Click the Advanced button, then click the "Renew DHCP Lease" button. You can also try deleting the Wi-Fi network and re-adding it.
  5. Create a new network location: Go to the Apple menu > System Preferences > Network. Click the Location dropdown and select Edit Locations. Click the "+" button to create a new location. Give it a name and click Done. Now try connecting to Wi-Fi again.
  6. Try a different Wi-Fi network: If possible, try connecting to a different Wi-Fi network to see if the issue is specific to your home network.
  7. Contact Apple Support: If none of these steps work, it may be time to contact Apple Support for further assistance.

I hope one of these steps helps you connect to Wi-Fi on your MacBook Pro. Good luck!

How to troubleshoot Wi-Fi connectivity issues on MacBook Pro (M2 Max, 2023) with macOS Ventura installed?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.