You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I used to have iTunes Match many years ago, and then stopped paying for it. If I resubscribe will my old music show up again?

Hi There. I was an original iPod / original iTunes user. Back in the day when they introduced iTunes Match, I signed up and all of my music in my library was copied / mirrored to the cloud (had uploaded so many CDs to iTunes). I did that for a few years and was able to access all of it, including playlists. Then I just stopped paying for it and lost access to my iTunes Match library and only had access to songs that I had purchased on Apple.

QUESTION: I really want to recover some of those old tunes and I wonder if I pay the $24.99 subscription for iTunes Match, can I get access to all that old music again?

Thanks!

Posted on Mar 12, 2023 9:14 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 12, 2023 10:03 AM

Hi,

You will not be able to retrieve your previous iTune library. Apple will only retain your library for up to 30 days after a subscription expires.

You should have access to previous iTunes purchases provided they are still available in iTunes Store.

Jim

Similar questions

1 reply

I used to have iTunes Match many years ago, and then stopped paying for it. If I resubscribe will my old music show up again?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.