You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No sidebar and no way to create an album

Hello, Mac users, There is no sidebar on my 2021 MacBook Air, and when I go to photos, there is no way to create a new album.

Mary

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 13.2

Posted on Mar 13, 2023 6:42 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 13, 2023 7:57 AM

Are you in Full Screen mode? Then no Menu Bar may be available until you move the cursor to the very top of the screen-- then the menu bar should slide down into view. And under "View" is the choice to "Always Show Toolbar and Sidebar in Full Screen."

Personally, I don't care for Full Screen. Also in "View" is "Exit Full Screen." Then you can drag the corners of the window to the size you like, including filling the screen without being "Full Screen."

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 13, 2023 7:57 AM in response to MoiraFrances

Are you in Full Screen mode? Then no Menu Bar may be available until you move the cursor to the very top of the screen-- then the menu bar should slide down into view. And under "View" is the choice to "Always Show Toolbar and Sidebar in Full Screen."

Personally, I don't care for Full Screen. Also in "View" is "Exit Full Screen." Then you can drag the corners of the window to the size you like, including filling the screen without being "Full Screen."

Mar 13, 2023 3:21 PM in response to MoiraFrances

The sidebar may vanish in Full Screen mode, as Richard explained.

There is another possible reason for the sidebar missing - the sidebar will also vanish, if the Photos window is very small. This can happen, if you are using a scaled resolution for the Display. If the sidebar does not reappear, after you drag the corners of the Photos window to enlarge it, open the System Settings for the Display and set the resolution to "More space", so you can make the Photos window larger.

No sidebar and no way to create an album

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.